Who is Modo?
We are a fintech company located in Richardson, Texas focused on doing the most good for the most people by reducing friction in payments. We lovingly refer to ourselves as Modonauts (and you might hear the term #paymentsgeek to describe our passion for payments as well). Modo is connecting buyers and sellers of payment services through our cloud based utility and we’re excited to be working with some of the biggest names in the game.
What’s in it for you?
If you want to work on the absolute cutting-edge of technology, HERE is where you want to be. Modo’s technology sits on top of single or multi-tenant AWS Cloud infrastructures, running Modo’s core components and application servers that support client-facing APIs. We are a Linux and AWS shop, committed to modern approaches to addressing complex problems. You’ll work in a variety of languages, chosen to suit the task at hand, and using an array of AWS services and the latest tooling for continuous integration and deployment. More importantly, there are far more interesting problems left ahead of us than behind, and we want people who can help us figure out how to solve those – help make technology choices and decisions about automation, scaling, availability and other “big system” issues. This is NOT just a role of rinse-and-repeat implementations of what came before – there are real opportunities ahead and we want people who desire to make a serious difference in our success and be more than just a cog in the machine.
What’s expected of you?
Nothing short of being a difference-maker who will help us take the next big step forward in evolving the company to take on some key new clients and keeping us abreast of thought leadership as we grow. We need someone who enjoys helping others get better and improving our collective work product and takes pride in their contribution to the team’s success. It’s a key role for us, and for the right person, a great opportunity to advance your career and add new responsibilities that open the door to bigger and better things!
What makes this different?
We offer a unique opportunity to enjoy an awesome small company culture with tons of flexibility, creativity, freedom, and cool perks (think top-notch work laptop, quarterly company events, and a fridge stocked with drinks & snacks), while doing significant high-visibility work solving the needs of businesses as large as the Fortune 50 (your work can become things people know about and use!). If you’re the rock star on your current team, a person with big ideas for how to solve the problems plaguing your business but have been held back from making a full impact by limitations of your current role or employer, then this might be the EXACT kind of role you’ve been waiting for.
Learn more about Modo’s culture here: https://modopayments.com/what-makes-a-modonaut/
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to join the Modo team and provide the engineering leadership necessary to grow the development team’s capability as we take on bigger challenges. You will work with the leaders of Modo to define and deliver against our vision for payments while leading the engineers on your team to continuously improve our payment solutions, AWS based architecture and software development practices. To thrive in this role, you’ll need a few years of experience in leadership while still being hands-on. Institutional knowledge of payments or eCommerce platform integrations will set you up for success. You should also love collaborative learning and problem solving, to architect elegant solutions to complex business and technical problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruit and develop technical talent and leadership
- Lead the engineering team, in hands-on fashion, to develop scalable payment solutions
- Facilitate continuous improvement of development standards and processes
- Collaborate with product team to define our sprints and improve the effectiveness of both organizations and their interactions
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in at least one server-side technology / language like Go, Java, NodeJS, Python, or PHP
- Proficiency in at least one front-end web development framework like React, Backbone or Vue.js
- You have lead teams that successfully released and supported production web applications at scale
- You have successfully recruited and onboarded technical resources
- Experience with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services
- Experience with agile development and testing techniques
- Payments experience
- Experience integrating with eCommerce Platform(s) like Magento and/or ERP systems like SAP
- Production AWS or other Public Cloud experience
- Experience with Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development
- Development experience in an environment requiring PCI or similar compliance levels
- Experience with Atlassian products
- Docker experience
- United States (Required)
A few specific limitations to consider before applying or contacting us regarding this position, due to it being a foundational and key team member for our team:
- This role is a full-time, direct-hire position. NO C2C CANDIDATES and NO 3RD PARTY STAFFING AGENCIES at this time, please.
- We prefer candidates based in our Richardson, Texas or San Francisco, CA locations, but we will consider remote candidates who are otherwise a great fit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com