Modo is an innovative startup looking for engineering talent that will help us pave the way as we remake the world of payments. As a member of the Modo team, you will have the opportunity to do some of the best work of your career in some of the hottest technology stacks in the industry. We are a full cloud solution utilizing a microservice architecture.
If you are excited to work and experience a startup company and help define our engineering process and culture, Modo is the place for you. We are looking for people who are self-starters, collaborative team players who are willing to learn as well as teach us new things. If this describes you, let’s talk.
As a Senior Server Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing key features of our microservices architecture.
- 5+ years of back-end, microservice development experience
- 3+ years of of cloud development (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Golang experience in a production environment
- Experience in large scale high volume architecture
- Experience in Linux server development
- Ability to be a guide and a mentor to less experienced engineers
- Understand tradeoffs between different architecture solutions
- Containerization – Docker / Kubernetes / Helm
- RDBMS (Postgres or MySQL)
- Microservice architecture, asynchronous architecture
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Agile development practices: should be able to identify those practices that are the best fit for Modo’s environment
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with messaging software (Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Payment Systems, Payment REST APIs (usage or creation of)
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- REST, TCP, Web Sockets, protocol buffers
- Git based source control
- OpenAPI, GraphQL
- Test Automation and deployment automation, capacity planning
- Pair programming
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
We would prefer the candidate to be located near our offices in Richardson, TX, but are willing to look at remote employees as well.
We are unable to provide sponsorship support at this time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com